Friday, October 30, 2009

Missing my Daddy!!!

So this year was my daddy's 10th anniversary of being gone. He passed away on August 15, 1999. But due to the fact that his body wasn't found until the 17th his death certificate says his last day was the 17th. It was and has been very hard to live without him. We all miss him so much! There has been occasions when I totally feel his spirit is here with us. Like when we had our marriage blessed, I totally felt his hand on my shoulder. I know that was him.
Well here we are, a couple of days before "El Dia De Los Muertos." This is my first time doing an altar for him. I plan on making this a new tradition for our family. Here are a couple of pix:


1 comment:

Not anymore said...

Want to know a crazy coincidence... my father died August 18, 1999 - from lung cancer, don't know what your dad died from?

He was the person I was most close to in this world. He raised me and was always there for me, he would give me his last dollar kinda man. I'm basically an orphan since he died, because my mother is so mentally ill and never gets better anymore. It is already over 10 years can you believe it? Hard to believe.

I like your altar.