Friday, October 24, 2008

Is one Religion better than the other???

So yesterday I went all crazy with craigslist again & started posting some of my stuff. It sucks not knowing what's going to happen. Because I don't know what I should really get rid off, or even if I should get rid of anything. I am not about to sell my stuff for pennies, that is the # 1 reason why I didn't do a yard sale, because people who go to yard sales & I do say this from my own experience expect things to be really cheap. And I am not about to sell my stuff for cheap. It's all stuff that we have worked very hard to be able to have. If we are able to stay here, or we do end up going to Mexico, I am going to need my stuff. Hello!! We are going to still live somewhere K no?
So anyways back to my story. So this lady emails me about this one offer, & I email her back. On my signature from my email right under my name I have this saying:::
***Lord, Give me the kind of Faith that can move mountains in my life***
Matthew 17:20

Now the lady answers my email back by asking me this:::

Thank you. You are a Christian? Where do you go to church?

So here is the thing I am trying to get, I have also done this in the past. Now that I have been going to Christian services I see where this comes from. I have also caught myself asking people if they are Christians just by talking to them. You can totally tell by the way they talk. The voice is much calmer, their words much nicer. Why is it that us Catholic people don't use any Bible verses at all through our daily living? Why is it that Christians do? I am trying hard NOT to compare both religions, as I know that there is no right from wrong, as far as what religion you are. As it is the same God above all. But reading the Bible does help you open your eyes, see really the good from the bad. And learn to live the way He wants us to live. Now I keep on stopping myself from doing lots of things that I never even considered before as sins. It has really opened my eyes. Now I must say this I am Catholic, I was born and raised Catholic. Both my kids are baptized Catholic. I love both the churches I have attended. The Guadalupe Church that I grew up attending, and San Buenaventura Mission, that I now attend. But I also do love going to the Christian services on Thursdays. My mom says they are going to confuse me. I must say that I feel very comfortable in the Christian church, at the moment with everything I am going thru it helps me a lot. Como dice Jacinto eso es lo que me llena de espiritu. I have learned how to talk to God, how to thank God for all that he has given me, and specially how to accept everything that is coming my way.

No comments: